The Calgary Truth Baptist Church (CTBC) seeks to fill a full-time minister, man or woman, responsible for Chinese Ministry. The position will be for 40 hours a week.
The Chinese minister must be a baptized Christian with a clear God’s calling into full time ministry. The minister needs to show evidence of spiritual growth and a humble spirit, with a love of God, congregation and a ministerial heart to see them grow in their relationship with Christ. In addition, the Chinese minister must meet following qualifications。
1. Meeting biblical qualifications for church leadership, including: l Timothy 3, Titus l, and I Peter 5
2. Commitment to CTBT’s statement of faith, and vision and goals (CTBC’s constitution – Doctrine and Faith , and Baptist Faith and Message 1963)
3. Commitment to a team approach to ministry
4. Commitment to equip and disciple the congregation
5. Teaching skills with a love for God’s word
6. Relational style of leadership and ministry
7. Self-starter and able to work without direct supervision
8. Experience in serving a Chinese speaking congregation
9. Excellent communicating, caring and building relationships with CTBC members, particularly Chinese speaking congregation members.
10. Being able to meet the unique needs of Congregation in today’s Canadian culture
11. Providing a valid clearance of police background check
1. Continue to follow the present vision or seek new vision from God in the future as needed and work with the leadership team and the congregation towards the vision.
2. Work with the leadership team to carry out the ministry plans of Truth.
● Participate in monthly leadership team meetings
● Communicate with the leadership team regarding regular activities and tasks
● Mentor, care for and train the leadership team members
● Develop new leaders
3. Share oversight of the worship services.
● Coordinate sermon plan with leadership team and lay preachers
● Share in preaching with lay preachers
● Give training and coaching to lay preachers and review their sermons
● Give support to the development of worship leaders
4. Along with the leadership team, oversee matters of church discipline and conflict in the church.
5. Share oversight of the evangelism and discipleship training.
● Help develop and implement a discipleship-training plan
● Teach an adult discipleship class on Sunday morning as needed
● Share in training and providing guidance to teachers who participate in teaching ministry
● Share support to the children’s Sunday school
6. Share oversight of the small group ministry.
● Give guidance and support to the coordinator(s) of small group ministry
● Provide training and guidance to small group leaders as needed
7. Visitation and ministerial care.
● Set an example for small group leaders to visit and care church members
8. Conduct in these duties: ministerial counselling sessions, wedding ceremonies and funeral services as needed.
9. Coordinate with the pastor of the English congregation on co-led worships
Dear brothers, sisters, and friends in the gospel,
With the rapid spread of COVID-19, there has been some significant changes since our last communication with you through email. Although this is the first time our church has experienced this kind of situation, our faith is in our Lord Jesus. The Leadership Team has been seeking God’s will for our church through continuous prayer.
As of March 13, 2020, Alberta Health Services has required that all gatherings of 250+ people (excluding worship services) be cancelled. Although we are not included in this criteria, we must ensure that in addition to continuing worship service, there are also measures taken to minimize the spread of the virus as much as possible. As a result, starting this week (March 15, 2020), we are going to adjust our worship service.
At the same time, all Sunday school classes including children’s Sunday school will be cancelled starting this week. Our church will close promptly at the end of worship service, including use of the gym. Please redirect any activities or meetings that would usually happen on Sunday afternoons to an online communication platform. During this time, please use the following e-transfer emails for your tithe:
Mandarin congregation: firstname.lastname@example.org
English congregation: email@example.com
The Leadership Team will keep up to date with all information and requirements released by Alberta Health Services. In the case of any changes to this plan, Truth Baptist Church will continue to use this method of communication to keep you informed. We will promptly notify you through email and our social media platforms should any updates occur. If you have any requests or suggestions, feel free to send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please continue to pray for yourselves and for our church. May God strengthen our faith, strengthen our church, and teach us to depend on him in this time of darkness. Psalm 23 says, “ Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” May God refine our faith in this time of testing, so that we may come out as pure as gold.
Truth Baptist Church – Leadership Team
March 13, 2020
Truth Baptist Church, short as TBC, is looking for pastor for the English Congregation of the church. Please see below for the related documents.
Baptist Faith: baptist-faith-message-1963
TBC Constitution: TBC Constitution 2012.5.31 article 3
TBC English Congregation Information: TBC English Congregation Information – 2019.03.31.final
Job Description: TBC English Congregation Minister Job Description – 2019.03.31.final
If interested, please send your resume and other information to email@example.com before May 31, 2019. Please include “English Ministry Pastor Search” in the subject line of your email.